Thursday 27 July 2006

Sad News....

I had some sad news yesterday. One of my clients(I'm a Hairdresser - although not hairdressing at the moment) passed away on Monday night. She would have been lucky to be 50!

I had been doing her hair since I started with Luppinos in 2000. She was one of these clients that if she saw regrowth...she had to get rid of it. So, I saw her every month at the least. She has 3 girls(youngest being 21) and they all came to the salon too. So, over the past 6 years I have got to know this family quite well.

She went to the Dr about 6 weeks ago, with a sore eye. Dr sent her for scans and found out she had cancer. Bone cancer it turned out to be. She was told she had about 12 months to live...and barely made 6 weeks.

So, I'm off to her funeral with one of the girls I used to work with. It will be a very sad event on friday. :-(

Chelle xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Chelle what terribly sad sad news! It seems to me that I hear more and more tragedies like this - not sure if it's because I'm getting older or because cancer is becoming so much more common.

I hope you and your friend find some strength in your memories of your friend on what will be no doubt be a very upsetting occasion.