Monday 20 January 2014

Layout: Success

My lovely friend Sue set a Challenge over at Scrapchat in early January.
We had to choose a word for 2014 and scrap a layout about that word.
I chose "Success".

I turn 40 this year and I want to be fabulous at 40!
A few kg's have slipped on since my lowest weight so I am determined
to get them off and a few more before my 40th Birthday in November!
I can do it!

This was my inspiration!















 I LOVE the Rock...aka Dwayne Johnson! I saw this on his Facebook page
and had to use it. It was perfect!
This picture is now pride of place on my wall next to my PC.
Any time I'm tempted or haven't excercised that day, I have The Rock
glaring down on me! Motivation enough? I think so.

 Here's my layout...




















 

































Creatively, this layout was a lot of fun.
Started with white cardstock and used texture paste with the chevron template.
Once dry, I used "Postbox Red" and "Lemon Zest" Dylusions inks with water
to get the background runny and merging together. Waited for it to dry.
Then got out my white paint and a credit card and smooshed it over the
centre of my layout, as well as the chevrons. Used my finger a little too to
smoosh it around. Then flicked some more "Postbox Red" over the top to
add some more colour. LOVE IT!!!!

I need to use these inks more often. Love the effect they give.
Bold and vibrant colour...delish!

Thanks for stopping by!

Chat soon,