Friday 7 June 2013

Layout: Sweet Girl

Another Challenge while away on my Retreat was an Ombre Challenge by Susan.
She asked us to create a look with colour...from dark to light.
We could create it any way we liked. I chose washi tape to create my Ombre look.
I found this cute pic of Ella, from whe she was about 5, so a little while ago.
Seeing she turns 8 in a few months!

While on Retreat, two of my lovely friends introduced me to Dylusions inks.
I'd seen them on blogs and on layouts but had never played with them.
I've been converted!!!! Bright, bold, vibrant inks...right up my alley!!
Needless to say...I've bought about 10 different colours since the Retreat!

I've always loved my paint and these inks have me seeing colour in a whole new light!!
Broke out the templates and texture paste too...NEW ADDICTION ALERT!!

So, I've used the washi tape down the side, starting with the darker pink and down
to a mid pink then a light pink. Then I went nuts with the texture paste and
hexagonal template before adding paint and inks! LOVE!!


 

























I created a background behind the photo using old white alphas.
It's a good way to use them up!

Looking forward to the long weekend. Even more so that the Scrapbook Expo
is on all weekend at the Convention Centre...I'm excited. Just what I need...fabulous
new product and inspiration!!

Chat soon,
 

3 comments:

Leonie said...

This is lovely Michelle. Dylusions are the best! Enjoy the expo. :)

scrapwitch said...

i love that layout Chelle xx

Michelle Jamieson said...

Thanks girls! xx