Thursday 8 September 2011

Ballina Weekend

It's been very hectic around here of late!
Crazy, busy you might say!

I thought I'd give you a little update of what I've been up to!

A few weekends ago, the kids and I headed down to Ballina in Northern NSW.
My Mum and Dad were at a Craft Show down there, so my sister and her family came too
and we made a weekend of it.
Jase was away on a Boys getaway at the Gympie Muster having fun, no doubt!

It poured rain all day Saturday and Saturday night but cleared for Sunday,
which ended up a fabulous day.
We headed out to Alstonville, about a 5min drive from Ballina.
The kids wanted to go to Amaze n Place. It has a big maze, a cafe and
lovely surroundings. So, off we went...

We all decided to have a Teams Event in the maze.
We had to answer questions and find the fort to be the winner.
So, we got into teams...Dine + Kellie, Mike + Ella and Zac + I.
Kellie and Dine ended up winning, much to the kids disgust!

Here's the Maze...



















All finished on the Fort...




















Ella and I...


















After the Maze, we headed out to the Macadamia Farm.
My kids just love this farm. They've been a few times before.
So, we had lunch, played Putt Putt, had a train ride, had an icecream
and fed nearly every animal the farm has!
They LOVED it!

I sometimes forget my kids are "City kids".
We live about 7km from Brisbane City, so no farms close by.
I grew up on a farm in Western Victoria and feeding calves, goats and sheep
was an everyday occurance and to me second nature and no big deal.
Incredible what you take for granted?

Zac and Ella just loved it and were first to feed any of the animals.
They both would have loved being farm kids, if life were different.




















Mike and Zac being boys on the train!


A fun weekend away...We're back there next weekend.
I have a Craft Show to attend so it's a good excuse for everyone to get away!
We love Ballina!

Chat soon,

No comments: