Sunday 20 February 2011

Painted Backgrounds Swap

I'm currently hosting a Swap over at Scrapchat.
After being inspired by mixed media and a love of paint, I thought I'd host my first swap in years!
It was a Painted Backgrounds Swap and each participant had to create 5 backgrounds using paints, papers or any other media they'd like. They send them to me and I swap them out and we all end up with a wonderful array of A5 backgrounds to use in art journals, on cards or on layouts!
Cool huh? They are looking fabulous, with the ones that have arrived so far.

So, I thought I'd share my 5 groups that I created.
Lots of fun playing with paints, I can tell you!
From Brights, to Earthy, Neutrals and my favourite Brights!


I have been scrapping this past weekend too.
It felt good too, I must say.
I don't get a lot of time these days to scrap.

Here's a layout I did from Easter last year. We were away camping at Murphy's Creek and the kids participated in the Easter Egg hunt. Always a fun event!
I used one of my practice painted backgrounds as my patterned paper.
I also used up some very old Elsie paper!
Turned out great!


I have another one to share, but you'll have to wait for the next post!

Hope you've had a lovely weekend!

Chat soon,

No comments: