Friday 19 March 2010

Friday Foto

Well, we've had some excitement here in Brisbane this week.
I'm not sure if it's been on interstate news, but the Clem7 tunnel is all everyone is talking about up here!!



I had to take a trip down the Gold Coast on Wednesday, and seeing the entrance to the northern end of the tunnel is only a few km's from my home, Ella and I decided to try it out.
It is very cool though. It's 6.8km long, but doesn't feel that long.
The tunnel runs under the city and the river before you pop up on the Pacific Motorway to head south.
You don't actually feel like the tunnel is going down that far either.
I remember going in the Sydney tunnel, that connects to Manly and that tunnel feels like you are burrowing through to China!! LOL It's very steep, but not the Clem7.
I'm very impressed with it. It cut 7 mins off my trip to the Coast, going by my Navman. My Navman didn't like it, he didn't know where I was??
He got over it and recalculated when we popped out the other side and was happy again. (LOL)

The best part is, it's free at the moment. There's no tolls on it til Easter, then they hit us with $4.28...wait for it...EACH WAY!!!!!! OUCH!
I'm glad I don't have to use it every day. For me, it'll be just now and again.
It does make life easier though and I like it.

So, it's a thumbs up to the Clem7 from me!

Chat soon,

1 comment:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Great photo. I haven't tried going through it yet but probably will at some stage. Good to hear your feedback.

Have a nice weekend!