Saturday 10 December 2011

Trip to Geelong

I can't believe it's nearly been 2 weeks since I had a whirlwind trip to Geelong in Vic!
My Aunt hasn't been well and has been having treatment in Geelong.
She and I share the same Birthday and this year was a big Birthday for her!
So after much deliberation and phone calls, my sister Kellie and I decided
to make the quick trip down for her special 60th Birthday Celebrations.

It's been a little while since I saw my Aunties, Uncles and my cousins.
Lots of fun surprising someone who knows nothing about you coming along!
I love those sort of surprises!!

Here's Aunty Margaret and her cake...













The family...















I got to spend some time with my cousins, which is so nice!
We are all a year apart...and grew up together in a small country town in Vic.
We are all very close and after lengths of time with not seeing each other,
it feels like we spoke yetserday! I love my close bond with them.
We live in 3 seperate states...Qld, Vic and SA!
Thanks goodness for Facebook, Skype and phone calls.
Technology has made it really easy to keep in touch!

As well as a little shopping...Geelong has really come along in the
shopping stakes, from what I remember as a kid!

We also had a little look around Geelong.
It had been so long since I'd been there, I couldn't remebr too much.
We headed down to the beach. A lovely lady stopped and snapped this pic for us!

This is the girl cousins...
L-R : Kylie, Nicole, me and Kellie.
Missing are the boys...Tim and Scott!(the youngest two cousins)













It's so nice down there...there's a ferris wheel.
Haven't these come along in recent times.
Seems everywhere you visit has one?



















Lovely foreshore...













 The pier...













I also love these pylons. Very arty!
Looking forward to scrapping these!!!













My favourite was the band!














Here's me conducting them...














One quick stop at the Geelong Cats!!!
Mainly for Zaccy, but it made my day when I saw Cameron Ling!



















I even got to share a cupcake with Aunty Margaret for our Birthdays!
That doesn't happen too often!
It was special!














Chat soon,
 

No comments: