Monday 14 June 2010

Scrapbook Convention

I headed into the Scrapbook Convention on Saturday and was it busy?
So many people there!!

I caught up with plenty of Scrap friends...Let's see if I can remember them all??
Manda and Danah, Maz, Mel, Sara, Ali, Lisa, Bel  and Cindy. I caught up with Lou, which was great and I finally got to meet the lovely Lynette Van Barrelo. What a crack up she is??
I did take some photos with Lou and Lynette but mine aren't the best. The lighting is all wrong in the Convention centre. I might have to get them to send me one and then I'll share!!

My shopping partner for the day was my good buddy Maz.
As scrappers, we are so alike and like a lot of the same things, like colour, papers and embellishments...it's very weird?? Almost creepy!! LOL


I did miss shopping with my dear friend Leanne.
She was unable to come due to illness, but she's on the mend now.
Leanne was scheduled to speak for Scrapbooking Memories in their workshop area, as she is a current Master and very talented scrapper!!
I missed you, Leanne along with many others!!

So, yesterday I was busting to use some new stash and did the Kraft it Up Challenge for June.
Scrapping a minimalist layout...so not me, but I gave it a crack!!
Quite like it too.
The pic was taken by Mel at Point Shoot Play!
I used a new embellishment I bought at the Convention too...the red star...it's made from pressed felt...very cool!


I hope you had a great long weekend!

Chat soon,

5 comments:

CreativeMe68 said...

Woo Hoo glad you had an awesome time Chelle...Love the LO!!! I bet you brought that star from Tracy at Scrapping2Angels???
Sounds like you met up with lots of good friends. :( So sad I missed it!
Luv Shaz xoxo

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

The Expo was good, wasn't it. I enjoyed it on Monday. Sorry I missed you and Maz. Your layout looks really good - love the star and look how much Zac has grown in that shot!

Louise said...

Oooh, love the layout Chelle! You might be giving Leanne a run for her money in the "clean & simple" stakes, LOL. Such a handsome young man your Zac is now!

Tara said...

I can't believe that the style is 'so not you'. It's fantastic. :)

mel said...

I love the LO and the star - sounds like you had a fab time
Melxxx