Monday 26 January 2009

We're back...

I'm back from Tamworth. We pulled into our driveway about 5.30pm last night.
We've had a catchup day today, with a mountain of washing to do.
I'm getting there, though. The suitcases are unpacked and we're ready for another busy school year.
Zac starts back on Wednesday and can't wait.
I'm not to sure where 6 weeks went??

I had a ball again this year in Tamworth.
It was hot as usual, but no worse than home. We even had some rain.
It seemed Sydney was coping it a lot worse that the country. Our hottest day was about 35, not 40 the Western suburbs were having. I don't envy them.

We did the usual things we normally do. Shopped in Peel St, listened to the buskers(some great, some NOT so great! LOL), bought some new music, went to the Rodeo, out to dinner, spent time with Jase's family and saw the legendary Lee Kernaghan and the very cool Adam Brand in concert!!
Definately the highlight of our trip. I have to drag Jase to his midnight show every year, but we always have the best time. He secretly loves Adam Brand's music as much as I do!
We also dragged Jase's cousin, Jeni and Uncle Brian(who's 64) to this years show and they both had a ball...even with the 3am finish!!
Adam Brand celebrates his Birthday on Australia Day and on the Friday night of the Festival he has his Birthday bash and it's one of the must see shows of the festival...I love it!!

Here's a little sample of the very talented Adam Brand.


We were very excited to hear he won "Male Country Singer of the Year" and he won for "Best Album". Jase and I think his latest "Blame it on Eve" album is his best yet. We also found out he has a new album out in March...Woohoo! Can't wait!!

I hope you had a great Australia Day.

Chat soon,
Chelle Xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Chelle, sounds like a great week.

Libby Dyson said...

Glad you had a great time Chelle.

Renee said...

Sounds like you gad a fantastic time!

Happy belated Australia Day.
Renee xox

Shandell said...

Ohhh I'm so jealous!! I absolutely adore Adam Brand (I joke to my DH that Adam is the only man I would leave him for LOL) - I'm still waiting for him to tour near me again!

Alyssa said...

:) glad you had fun hun.. Love the new album and even better if he is bring out another soon xxx